To read Alzheimer’s Community Care’s response to the pandemic concerning COVID-19, including what measures we are taking to ensure the safety and well-being of our patients, caregivers and staff, please click here. Continue to check this page for additional updates.
The 23rd Annual Alzheimer's Community Care Education Conference has been rescheduled for Wednesday, August 12, 2020. Please see the event page for more details: www.alzcare.org/educonf2020
All Specialized Adult Day Centers remain open in Palm Beach, Martin and St. Lucie County. Regular hours apply, see website for more details: www.alzcare.org/center-locations
Out of an abundance of caution, all support group meetings scheduled for the week of March 15th will be held via conference call. A full list of support group meetings and times can be found here. If you are interested in attending these meetings, please contact Alzheimer’s Community Care at 561-683-2700 to obtain the call-in number and passcode. If you are a current support group member, your Family Nurse Consultant will be reaching out to you. Continue to check this page for updates.
• Family Nurse Consultants: The Family Nurse Consultants are the navigators for our families, for acquiring resources and services both provided by the Organization and by outside sources. However, with current closings and restrictions on government agencies and other providers, we will be addressing those needs, some of which can be satisfied, while others may be on hold due to these temporary limitations.All callers can speak with a Family Nurse Consultant at the office locations and telephone numbers listed on the Family Nurse Consultant page.
• Specialized Alzheimer’s Day Services Centers: All Centers are operating and open to referrals. Staff will be responding accordingly with all appropriate pandemic precautions followed. Health screening is in place in our Day Centers (daily checking for fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc.). Daily disinfection practices are robust. Our Day Centers are accredited by the Joint Commission and monitored by such institutions as the Agency for Health Care Administration, the Veterans Administration, the Area Agency on Aging, etc. We are abiding by the current recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Visit the Center Locations page for more information
• Case Management: Case Managers have a specific professional and confidential relationship with our families, abiding by the guidelines and standards of the Florida Department of Elder Affairs and Financially Assisted Agencies. At this time, case management reviews can be accomplished by telephone conference; home visits are not required during this COVID-19 episode. Visit the Case Management page for more information
Our Case Managers will identify themselves. Please do not accept a call or provide information unless you know who you are speaking with. All caregivers should be familiar with their Case Managers, however if unsure, a call can always be made to the President and CEO if there are any questions at 561-683-2700.
• ID Locator Services: Referrals and appointments for acquiring transmitters are being processed at this time. Our professionals are working together to confirm that all transmitters and emergency procedures are fully operational to ensure safety for those at risk to wander. Visit the ID Locator page for more information
• Volunteers: Volunteers are the lifeblood of this Organization. At this time, please call your contact that you work with on special projects. Should you have any questions, please reach out to your contact or call the Vice President of Human Resources, Malaika Barlow at 561-683-2700 for answering those concerns. If you need help yourself, do not hesitate to call Ms. Barlow and she will respond to your requests accordingly. Visit the Volunteer page for more information
All the above information has been prepared by the President and CEO Mary M. Barnes and supported by our Board of Directors. If there are any concerns, please do not hesitate to call Ms. Barnes at 561-683-2700. We continue to provide a safety net to our patients and caregivers every day and with that promise, please stay safe, follow all safety precautions!