Description of Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders Trainings
Alzheimer’s Community Care’s Dementia Specific Curricula meet all Florida Department of Elder Affairs standards as required by Florida Statute and Rule. Alzheimer’s Community Care is approved to train professionals working in Specialized Adult Day Centers, Assisted Living Facilities, and Skilled Nursing Facilities. Classes are engaging and interactive.
Classes are approved for CEUs by the following Professional Boards:
- Nursing and Certified Nursing Assistants
- Osteopathic Physicians
- Nursing Home Administrators
- Council of Dietetics and Nutrition
- Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapists and Mental Health Counselors
Trainings include the following, and more:
- Understanding Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders
- Characteristics of Alzheimer’s disease, possible causes
- Communicating therapeutically with patients
- Addressing challenging behaviors, understanding triggers
- Ethical issues impacting patients and families
- Nutrition and hydration
- Assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s)
- Characteristics of therapeutic activities
- Family issues and available resources
- Stress management for caregivers
- Medication issues
- Current treatments and research
The required annual update courses for Assisted Living Facilities and Specialized Adult Day Centers are also provided.
Classes are scheduled every month. Additional sessions can be scheduled to meet your facility’s needs.
For information, or to schedule classes, please call Education at 561-683-2700 or email Education@alzcare.org