Alzheimer's Disease and Related Disorders Training
Alzheimer’s Community Care’s Dementia Specific Curriculum meets all Florida Department of Elder Affair’s standards as required by Florida Statute 58A-5.0191. Alzheimer’s Community Care is approved to train and certify staffs working in Adult Day Centers, Hospice, Long-Term Care Institutions, and Assisted Living facilities. In addition this curriculum is approved by the following Florida Boards:
- Nursing and Certified Nursing Assistants
- Osteopathic Physicians
- Nursing Home Administrators
- Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapists and Mental Health Counselors
- Council of Dietetics and Nutrition
- Massage Therapy
Every three years this curriculum is reviewed and updated to maintain the most current and relevant educational information. The review process sustains the curriculum’s significance and freshness.
“Level I” and “Level II” Training (4 hours each) include the following, and more:
- Understanding Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders
- Characteristic of Alzheimer’s disease
- Communicating with persons with Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders
- Environmental triggers
- Ethical issues surrounding the care and treatment of people with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Nutrition and hydration
- Behavior management
- Assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s)
- Therapeutic activities
- Family Issues
- Stress management for caregivers
- Medical information regarding Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders
- Current treatments and research
Annual update courses are also provided.
Alzheimer’s Community Care invests numerous resources in its commitment to the “Gold Standard” of training through its specialized “Neurocognitive Disorders (American Psychiatric Association, DSM-5 term in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders)’’ Training Curriculum which has the characteristics of dynamic presentations that are interactive and participatory.
The cost of attending each session is $50. Classes are held at Alzheimer’s Community Care’s headquarters, 800 Northpoint Pkwy, West Palm Beach 33407.
Classes are scheduled as follows: Level I from 8:00am – 12:30pm and Level II from 1:00pm – 5:00pm.
Offsite Level I and Level II Training
Are you interested in hosting a Level I and/or Level II Training at your office or workplace? Alzheimer's Community Care will send a Certified ADRD trainer so your employees can receive our Gold Standard of training. To schedule training or for more information about offsite training please email Vice President of Education and Quality Assurance Karen Gilbert, or call her at (561) 683-2700 ext. 119