Dr. Galvin is Professor of Neurology, Psychiatry, and Behavioral Sciences, and Founding Director of the Comprehensive Center for Brain Health, of the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine.
As a board-certified neurologist, Dr. Galvin serves as Director and Principal Investigator of the Lewy Body Dementia Association Research Center of Excellence. For more than 20 years, Dr. Galvin has conducted research funded by the National Institutes of Health. He focuses on developing novel and innovative approaches to brain health and risk for cognitive impairment.
Dr. Galvin’s mid-day presentation is:
Using Precision Medicine Approach to Build a Better Brain
- How precision medicine can promote healthy brain aging and reduce Alzheimer’s risk
- Resilience versus vulnerability in the context of healthy brain aging
- Research goals of the Healthy Brain Initiative
- The Brain Health Platform for gauging brain health and Alzheimer’s risk
- Building a better brain as we age
- The benefits of participation in clinical research